Sunday, November 14, 2010

Veteran's Day Weekend

Oof! It has been a fantastic four day weekend! I hope that all of you found a way to thank our Veterans for all of their sacrifices!

We spent the weekend as a family, for the most part. Thursday, we took VaughnEmery to Target to do a bit of spoiling. She got some new shoes, slippers, spoons, jammies, dresses, leggings, coats, and the most obnoxious toys in the world. She had a very nice day! After, we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse but it was cut short because one of my teeth started to hurt pretty badly and I decided to take myself to the ER on base to get some antibiotics. I know that it needs a root canal, but I am in the process of getting an implant done for another tooth and had decided that it took precedence. Friday was a girls' night out. While it was a decent night spent at loud bars, I decided that I have entirely grown out of that phase. All I wanted was to be back at home with my husband and daughter. Saturday, we did some more shopping, only this time it was to look for a new ring for me. The one that I have doesn't fit yet and I would like something to wear in the meantime. I wanted a simple band. Just a band; plain as can be. Nathan has other ideas on a new ring so we ended up just browsing. Then, we went to Harris Teeter and bought all of our Thanksgiving groceries that will be needed! I am so excited! I just wasn't excited in how much that we spent there. :/  We found THE BEST apples ever! They're called Honeycrisp apples. Oh goodness! They're our new favorites. We came home and started watching The Pacific and then went to bed. Today has been equally quiet. Woke up and made smoothies and eggo sandwiches! Eggos with Nutella and banana slices, YUM! Finished watching The Pacific and then started Band of Brothers. I highly recommend both series! Now, Nathan is studying and I am trying to keep up with VE.


Exciting, eh? Hahaha Below are some silly pictures from this weekend-

Nathan and VE were having quite a bit of fun!












My Friend Kristin and I before we went out









 HAHAHAHAHAHA!!







 This last one is the funniest picture ever! hahahahahahaha

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about your comment after you went out with your friend. I feel the same way. I look back on my time with my roommates and going to the movies with my girlfriends and staying up late to eat ice cream and watch chick flicks. I remember going on dates and university dances. The guys were always so clever when asking a girl out. It was fun! But now when I see young couples out on dates and flirting it makes me so glad that Tyler and I are so passed that point! I just love being my little family! While I enjoyed my single life, I'd never, ever chose it over Tyler and Seth. So Amen sista!

    And by the way...how do you get so freakin' gorgeous?! Tips please. Advice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete