Monday, October 4, 2010

My first post.

I've dabbled in blogs before, but always found myself dwelling only on the negative when I sat down to type. Let's hope that this tends to be a happier place than LiveJournal.

A big positive in my life is the fact that I've decided to take my fitness and health very serious. I have been going to the gym 4-6 times a week for a couple of months and have started to see real progress. In doing this, I have found real excitement in pushing my body. I'm no stranger to pushing the limits for myself and body, only I have never focused it in the shape of my body. Mainly, because I have never had to try to keep a decent body. I had always been a slim girl, but never really in shape. I am eating clean and taking supplements that are helping move along the process. I never was very good with patience.

The day that I gave birth I weighed 178lbs. I was 55 inches around at my navel, and wearing a size 10 pant. About eight weeks ago when I started going to the gym, my body fat was at 37%. After three weeks, I had already lost 10%. This has been no easy task! Last week, I asked a trainer to do my measurements so I can better track my improvements. They are as follows:
  • Shoulders-
  • Arms- 
  • Waist-
  • Hips-
  • Thighs-
(I can't find my paper for the life of me, I'll have to post those later)

I've started to train for my first ever triathlon. It's a sprint distance, but it'll still be very difficult for me. It's 12.5 mile bike, .5 mile swim, and 3.5 mile run. I think that the running will be the hardest part.

That's enough blabber for now, not because I don't have more to say, but because I just looked at the time and I have to get ready to go to the gym! :)

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog, I think you will do really great with your blog and I think you will get to your goal that you have set for yourself. Love and hugs going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I know you! ;) I feel the same way you did. I've always been thin so I've never had to really worry about working out. No as I get older and my son keeps me busy, I realize I have to take care of myself if I want to be a good mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do a triathalon someday! how great would that be. Good for you and you are doing great. I work out about 5-6 times a week and try to eat healthy...my problem is I've never been a slim girls so its taking me sooo long to lose any weight. O well...I'll keep on trucken. :)

    Love you cousin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I have comments on here! Hahaha I nearly forgot about my new blog! Keep it up, ladies! Matthew said that it's easier to set small goals along the way. <3

    ReplyDelete