Friday, October 22, 2010

It's the end of October...

It's the end of October and I find my self wondering where has this year gone?! This has been a year full of blessings! Biggest of which is my daughter, VaughnEmery Eunice. I am amazed by her dozens of times throughout my day. Watching her focus on things and making tiny little connections in her brain is an absolute thrill. She was sitting on my tummy last night and Nathan and I started talking about how just yesterday (or so it feels) she was in my tummy, and now she is beginning to crawl! Yes, crawl! I'm already having to chase after my baby. I suppose this is how it will continue to be until she is about 20. She is not even six months old and I am incredibly proud of her every achievement. She is the very best part of me and I am so lucky to have her. I am so fortunate to be among the sleep deprived and spit-up covered elite group of mothers. Even when she has a stinky neck, I could just smell her all day! (and put her in a bath hahaha) I get so excited once the end of naptime comes around. She gets so happy to see me when she wakes up. I get her big "mama only" smile. I like to think it's a special type of smile specifically reserved for me. Mama and her baby, best friends<3







My husband is my rock. He has such a beautiful and simple way of looking at people and situations. He is so accepting and sincere. He and I will have been married for three years come January. Married! It seems crazy to me. I get worked up pretty easily and he always has a way of letting me see other sides that I had never even considered. I only hope that those qualities will rub off on Ve and myself over the years. Nathan is a Sergeant now! My husband, Sergeant Berry. It even sounds sexy! Hahaha












I have been looking into schools in Colorado and reading about certain courses. Hopefully, I'll be able to do most of my schooling from home, that way Ve doesn't have to go to daycare. The thought of someone else caring for her makes my heart sink and I get somewhat panicky. If I can't do my schooling online, then I suppose it will have to wait until we are back in Nevada so that my parents can care for her. Oh, my parents! They are ridiculous when it comes to spoiling their granddaughter! Hahaha I am in no way complaining, I think it's so funny. We receive packages on a regular basis from GG, pop pop, grammy and tata. Always special treasures and too cute outfits. I don't think that I will even need to buy 6-9 mo. clothes for her!

Like I said, lucky.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures and you and Nathan are wonderful parents and now that you are truly a family I know your growth and expectations will be something to look forward to and to watch.

    ReplyDelete